Halloween Mood for Your Coworking Space
It doesn't matter how old are you, most of us love Halloween. Traditionally All Hallows Eve is associated with orange and black, pumpkin grins, dreadful costumes, fests, carnivals, parties, frightful treats, sweet candies, in a word — lots of fun.
“Halloween is the only time people can become what they want to be without getting fired.” ― Sylvester Stallone
Are you going to miss all this cheer in your coworking space? No way! Let your members enjoy one of the greatest perks of the remote work, the freedom, and the informal atmosphere. If you are struggling to build community, friendship, encourage collaboration within your space, Halloween 2019 is your chance.
Let your members feel themselves a part of something bigger than just a desk at your space, maintain relationships. This way you will increase retention, loyalty, and grow coworking community along the way. And my goal is to give you some winning ideas of organizing a terrific Halloween party at your coworking space.
While you are trying to figure out whether to organize a happy Halloween party at your coworking space and how business and members can benefit from it, I'll give you some reasons for turning the enterprise into a haunted house for a few days.
- You can impart the event a bigger sense. Some coworking spaces do efficient fundraising during such holidays and donate those funds to charity organizations later. I am sure members will be happy to support this initiative. In the end, all of you will feel great because you help those who are in need all together.
- It's difficult for adult people to make friends. Yet, coworking experience becomes really cool when you can just turn to a person sitting at the next desk and tell them a joke, laugh together, etc. Coworking Halloween will help members to know each other better and feel at ease when they meet next time.
- Show members the other side of your brand. This is the time when you don't need to be serious. Be creative and give members topics to discuss on socials. Refer to murder, gore, and evil spirits creating your holiday emails, press releases, social media posts, whatever. This is the only day when you can get away with this.
Creepy Crawly Cocktail Party😈
Apocalypse Party — Come to Dance on the Bones☠️
Mad Space Masquerade👻
- Ask your members to contribute with ideas for your coworking Halloween party 2019 or even help with preparations. Group planning makes people more committed to the event. Involve members in the process. Even a simple poll where you ask them how they want to celebrate coworking Halloween will help to establish connections and meet community expectations.
It's not necessary to invent something totally new to amaze your members. You can use time-tested approaches.
- Transform one of your meeting rooms into a movie theatre and invite members for a horror movie. Don't forget about popcorn, drink, and candy.
- Coworking members are usually geeks loving computer games. There is no lack of bloody zombie shooters, isn't it? You can recruit your local desperados for a night fight mission aimed to clear the city from rotten.
- Carry out a competition of villain costumes. Make your members internet celebs featuring their pics on your resource and letting the community vote for the most ghastly ones.
This section includes some tips to follow if you want to make your coworking party something that members will remember.
Everything starts with a guest list. This is important as not all of your members will come. Some prefer to celebrate at home or need to take kids to trick or treat. Include only members who confirmed their participation and cater snacks and beverages accordingly.
Take care of Halloween-themed food. You can call the snacks creatively: Frog skulls, Spider legs, Fingers of the dead, Witchy brew, etc. Remember of those who don't eat meat and don't drink alcohol, serve vegetarian snacks and non-alcohol drinks.
Decorate your hub properly. Halloween is one of the holidays that are impossible without spooky decorations. Your space must look like a haunted house with spider webs, Jack-o-lanterns, bats, candles, broomsticks, and so on. Horrifying desktop wallpapers and blood-freezing music in the background will add a final touch to your space transformation.
Encourage members to wear killing costumes and makeup as you are building the space especially for vampires, demons, witches, goblins, werewolves, and other undead.
Involve members that don't come to the party as well. Your coworking Halloween is for everyone. Some members are shy to come to the party, some simply can't come because of other essential business, however, they can participate in the online competitions. For instance: "The most mysterious story that happened in my life."
For members having kids you can arrange a day-time fun "Bring your kid to work on Halloween."
Set up good communication. Of course, coordinating the events like your Halloween party requires information sharing. The best way to send mass emails, then reminders and notifications is through your coworking space management software. Modern apps seamlessly integrate with your favorite email services, like Mailchimp and you can continue to use it.
momHive is one of the gender-oriented coworkings, a new destination to work for work-from-home-moms, and mom-all-the-time-moms in Grand Rapids, USA. And they are having a Halloween party soon.
Happy Halloween, mamas! Enjoy some warm drinks and spooky snacks (costumes optional!) to help you prepare for the Trick-or-Treating later in the evening.
Input Cowork is a space in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Their mission is to create a vibrant community for techies and creatives to innovate with passion and commonality is their pursuit. And they are going to party this Halloween.
Dress Up! Ping pong & snacks. Prize for the best costume. 1 free drink for dressing up!
Manistal is a coworking space in Brussels, Belgium. It was launched in May 2018 by two relatives, Marjolaine and Michel Gailly, respectively daughter and father. Their mission is to help starters, self-employed and small businesses in their development and growth, by creating connections and inspiring them, in a cozy and professional atmosphere. Join their party if you are not afraid of the darkness.
The time has come for us to prepare for All Hallows Eve, to celebrate the dead and to scare away the monsters.
Grab your favourite poisons & treats and join us on Wednesday October 30rd, at 6 pm in the coworking space.
Your lover(s) and kid(s) are welcome to join us for the evening.
We will bring the blood of the witches to drink and their eyes and fingers to snack on.
We have already mentioned that you need harrowing sounds for creating a sinister atmosphere at your coworking crypt. You can use my Halloween music collections listed below and save some time for cutting out the bats.
- The Creepy, the Spooky, and the Ghostly
- It's the most wonderfull time of the year
- Shadow on the Moon
- Let's Go Halloween Caroling
- spookyscary halloween mix
- The Ultimate Halloween Mix
- All Hallows
- dreadful, darling
Decided to follow my advice and fright your guests with movies? Here are 5 new horrors that must be in your spine-chilling collection.
The movie is based on the seminal horror novel by Stephen King. It follows Dr. Louis Creed (Jason Clarke). After relocating with his wife Rachel (Amy Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, Louis discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall, setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.
Defeated by members of the Losers' Club, the evil clown Pennywise returns 27 years later to terrorize the town of Derry, Maine, once again. Now adults, the childhood friends have long since gone their separate ways. But when people start disappearing, Mike Hanlon calls the others home for one final stand. Damaged by scars from the past, the united Losers must conquer their deepest fears to destroy the shape-shifting Pennywise, now more powerful than ever.
Struggling with alcoholism, Dan Torrance remains traumatized by the sinister events that occurred at the Overlook Hotel when he was a child. His hope for a peaceful existence soon becomes shattered when he meets Abra, a teen who shares his extrasensory gift of the "shine." Together, they form an unlikely alliance to battle the True Knot, a cult whose members try to feed off the shine of innocents to become immortal.
Sarah and John Blume are thrilled when their young son Miles starts to show signs of rapid development and extreme intelligence. Their family bliss soon turns into a living nightmare when Miles' behavior becomes increasingly erratic and violent by his eighth birthday. After seeking help from two experts, Sarah is horrified to learn that her beloved prodigy may be under the grip of a dark and supernatural force.
A couple travels to Sweden to visit their friend's rural hometown for its fabled midsummer festival, but what begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.
Are you ready for Hocus Pocus that will bring all your members together? Do you agree that it's vital for any coworking community to have avenues for embers where they can get together, learn more about each other beyond the formal or professional level? This helps your community grow, strengthens bonds, and encourages collaborations. So, you found the right way.
At that, I can only wish you a happy Halloween. Have fun, get creative and let me know how you celebrate. What are your favorite holiday songs, movies, competitions? Your Halloween planning tips not highlighted here are more than welcome.
Trick or share?!
Movie posters credits: http://www.impawards.com