Meeting Room Booking Statistics for a Coworking Space
One of the most challenging issues of coworking space management is understanding of space utilization. Usually spaces use coworking software that has built-in statistics reporting. If you have multiple meeting rooms at your coworking space, statistics can give answers to a number of questions:
- Which meeting rooms are overbooked or underbooked during the week?
- How often do coworking space members use certain facilities?
- What kind of payments (credit cards, cash, internal credits of a coworking space etc.) are mostly used by coworking space members?
- What hours or periods during the day are the “hottest” ones and how to schedule activities and further bookings for meeting rooms?
andcards Suite coworking software has a tool to get all the answers to the questions mentioned above — so let’s talk about meeting room statistics and how to understand and use it wisely.
Ways to Get Meeting Room Statistics
There are several ways to get more data about what’s happening in your meeting rooms:
- Manual Monitoring: You can just make check-ups manually on each coworking room. It takes time and engages one of your coworking space administrators in the process on a daily basis.
- Automated Monitoring with Third-Party Apps: You can combine Google Calendar, Google Tasks and some app for time-tracking and track all the operations about booking, using facilities and equipment by particular residents or teams in the booked meeting rooms. This method does the job of statistics automation, but too hard to set up and requires a lot of juggling different apps.
- Automated Monitoring with andcards Suite: All the statistics about booking meeting rooms in a coworking space is gathered in one app, and you can always see what rooms are the “hottest” in your list as well as monitor different key performance indicators (KPI) for them.
What Meeting Room Usage Statistics Gives
While using andcards Suite mobile or browser app, space administrators and moderators can see various usage indicators for each meeting room at a coworking space, compare them with the organization average, as well as measure its level of popularity among the coworking space residents.
andcards Suite administrators and moderators can:
- See the whole list of coworking space meeting rooms on one screen as well as the list of bookings and track the overbooked and underbooked rooms.
- Monitor activities in different meeting rooms as on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Check the average level of booked hours and compare particular level of booking hours for a certain meeting room to the average level.
- Measure the popularity of a certain meeting room across the day or the week.
- Make changes in meeting room options and control distribution of bookings between teams and members in a certain meeting room during the week.
How to View Room Booking Statistics
Administrators of a coworking space can see detailed room usage statistics and can change room settings according to the results which they’ve got from the monitoring process.
To reach room statistics, log into andcards Suite and follow these steps:
- Open a room calendar.
- Press Statistics button on the navigation bar in the top right corner.
- Select desired period.
In this section you can see:
- Booking times for the selected meeting room.
- Total sum of booking hours for the selected meeting room.
- Level of utilization for the selected meeting room — a total number of hours booked divided by total hours a room is available for booking.
- Level of popularity by hour and day of week to check the hottest and the lowest activity hours in meeting rooms.
You can view and compare these indicators to determine the most popular and the underbooked meeting rooms. After that you can make changes in room settings to reach smooth booking process and boost space utilization.
How Room Settings Influence on Statistics
Room settings can be changed by administrators and moderators to make operational decisions according to the statistics gathered in the proper section of andcards Suite. For example, if you notice the room is being underutilized, you can reduce its price or relax booking limits to allow members greater flexibility when creating a booking.
To change room settings follow these steps:
- Open a room calendar.
- Press Information button on the navigation bar in the top right corner.
- Press Edit button on the navigation bar in the top right corner.
- Change settings of a room and provide description.
In this section you can find a list of parameters which can be changed according to your needs:
- Credits — hourly price to book the room using individual or team credits (if Credit System is enabled in Settings).
- Price — hourly price to book the room using real currency (if credit card based payments are enabled for your workspace).
- Min time is minimum time to reserve the room. If min time is set to 2 hours, the room can't be booked from 10:00 to 11:00, but can be booked from 10:00 to 12:00 and longer.
- Max time is maximum time to reserve the room. If the max time is set to 5 hours, the room can't be booked from 10:00 to 16:00, but can from 10:00 to 15:00 and shorter.
Adjusting these parameters (prices, minimum and maximum time of a booking) can make a positive change for improving utilization of the meeting space. If some room is less popular, consider relaxing pricing and booking limit policies, and in contrast if a room is too busy, increase its price to redirect the flow into other rooms, or simply boost coworking space profits.