Small and comfy coworking spaces in Seoul for freelancers
The difference between coworking spaces impresses. As we detail in our article "What Is a Coworking Space?" there are many kinds of coworkings: shared offices, mixed spaces, accelerators, incubators, community spaces, etc. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out what you need especially for a freelancer, who wants to escape from home routine and find a great workspace atmosphere without distraction. 🧘 All you need is a comfy chair, a pleasant environment and good people around. For such people, andCards prepared a digest of coworking spaces in Seoul which are perfect for a freelancer or a small team to work.
Garage is located right next to the Seolleung subway station an has a stunning view over busy streets of the Gangnam district. The atmosphere is quite light and relaxing, with soft music playing in the background and friendly staff who is ready to help. This Garage coworking does not belong to a Garage Society we mentioned in our coworking spaces in Hong Kong article.
This coworking space pays a lot of attention to the needs of its customers. Since the most of them are Korean, who prefer their own space and maintaining privacy, Garage has 14 small offices and 6 fixed seat. Such a modest size is not a disadvantage for members as there is less rotation of random people who might visit one of your neighbors.
- Prices. Garage has one of the most affordable rental options in the area.
- Personal approach to members. It might be hard to be heard if you are part of a big coworking space with a few hundred members. The small size of Garage allows them to remain flexible and provide more to their residents. For example, they have recently added a counseling accountant. 💸
The place is humble in size and reflects Korean style of coworking that doesn’t have large open coworking areas. The location is for those who need a small and straightforward office in the Gangnam area for a reasonable price without the need to put a great lease.
Garage photos, video, location, pricing
Space Noah is one of the first coworking spaces in Seoul. Space Noah was established back in 2010. The coworking space has nurtured many successful startups in Korea. The coworking space encourages you to be a better person with its motto "Your life is your message to the world."
Inside you can find "Connect Hall," a coworking area with many hot desks that is also good for events. Right there is a coffee bar with an espresso machine. Meeting rooms called "Spark" and "Wiki" are free to use if you have a membership with Space Noah.
Perhaps one of the best things about Space Noah is its proximity to Seoul City Hall. You can enjoy local historical sites, walk down the Cheonggyecheon stream, try Korean food and culture, — all in an immediate vicinity of Space Noah.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit: freelance can be a lonely road to walk. Space Noah aims to ease that aspect of your life. The community is small but very strong. Members here go for a lunch and dinner together. Owner is personally advising residents, helping develop business and looking for cool new places in Seoul to visit.
- Close to Seoul city center: located a few hundred meters away from the City Hall, Space Noah is a great place for those of us who like to explore the old town (or what remains of it in Seoul). 🌇
If you are a digital nomad, who wants to visit Seoul and South Korea, check out Space Noah. Here you will a cozy and home-like atmosphere with a coworking area and cafe.
Also, Space Noah has a philosophy that makes you want to become a better person. Whether or not this question is on your agenda, Space Noah will challenge you to experiment, try new things and grow.
Space Noah photos, video, location, pricing
This cozy and homely coworking space is locked a few minutes of walking from Yeoksam subway station. Equipped with all the necessary things, PeachThree at Yeoksam is a good solution for those who look for a hot desk with fast WiFi and quiet atmosphere.
For a very reasonable price, you get access to a amenities that are irreplaceable at a good coworking space: unlimited access to a meeting room, a kitchen area where you can store, warm up and eat your lunch, a coffee machine to get a boost of energy. Also, there are affordable lockers and 20-inch monitors.
There is not a lot of focus on networking at PeachThree Yeoksam. People come here to get their job done. However, if you are looking for somebody with a specific skill set, you could ask a community manager here. They will introduce you to a coworker. And it seems that this is a way a lot of Koreans prefer to get connected.
- Accessibility: The best part about PeachTree is how flexible are the conditions for the price you pay monthly. They have membership plans to feat your wallet and recognize a nocturnal nature of developers with 24/7 access. 🕙
PeachTree at Yeoksam station would be a practical solution for a lot of developers in the area. The space has a peaceful and productive atmosphere with stuff that is ready to solve your problems.
PeachTree Yeoksam photos, video, location, pricing
🚀 If you're working on a startup and need a larger space, see startup accelerators and incubators in Seoul, Korea
🕑 Need to meet a client or organize a conference call? Contact these coworkings to reserve a meeting room in Seoul.