Benefits Management at a Coworking Space
To build a successful co-working space, you need to attract members. Nowadays people choose workspace not only by price, location, interior, but also by various membership benefits they could receive. Therefore, building a solid membership benefit catalog could help you get more members and build a robust partner network. Read on to learn more what kind of benefits exist, how to organize them and allow members to gain access.
What are membership benefits
Membership benefit is a discount, promo code, or special offer that your members get exclusively from a third party partner. For example, an accounting company could offer 20% service discount for members of one coworking space. Amazon Web Services, Slack, even WeWork — all provide exclusive benefits. Ultimately, benefits are intangible advantages of your coworking space that make members happier.
What kind of benefits exist
Usually, benefits are focused on helping member companies grow, but could also be just for fun, such as movie tickets or a free day at a yoga club. Typically benefits fall in one of the following categories (with examples):
- Technology (AWS Activate, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, software outsourcing, dev tools)
- Growth (marketing service offers, sales tools, CRM, calling apps, SEO tools)
- Management (accounting service discounts, legal consultancy)
- Lifestyle (restaurant discounts, sports club perks, movie tickets, or just a free beer at a local pub)
Building up member benefits isn't too hard. Just reach out to local businesses and ask if they offer any discount for new customers. Since you are giving them a free stream of customers, they should be interested. Higher value benefits like AWS or HubSpot CRM could require more effort to qualify.
Organizing membership benefits
So you managed to prepare several membership benefits for your members, and now you need an excellent way to organize them. For the best experience, you will need:
1) A simple benefit catalog that members can quickly discover 2) A way for members to request or send an application for the benefit of interest 3) A method of collecting applicant information and forwarding it to benefit provider
Luckily, you don't have to do all that manually. andcards Suite has a dedicated membership benefits section that automates the whole process.
Create all available membership benefits on a dedicated Benefits section of andcards Suite:
You can create any categories for your benefits. Just contact us for assistance.
When creating a benefit, you need to provide the following information:
- Benefit title — a name of the benefit.
- Benefit subtitle that appears below the title in the list.
- Category to which the benefit belongs.
- Language of email confirmation messages.
- Link to a website where members can learn more about the benefit.
- Visibility of a benefit to members or guests.
- Application type (by email, or no application necessary)
- Provider email to send applicant information.
- Manager email to let your team responsible for benefits know who applied.
- Description of the benefit, along with the application process.
- Email Confirmation Message — an instruction for the applicant to be included in the confirmation email. Could contain the promo code, other guidance how to take advantage of the benefit, or just "We'll get in touch." message.
How members apply for benefits
When members open the benefit details page, they will see a big blue button to apply. In the application form, members indicate their contact phone number, email, as well as any comments. The phone number and email are auto-filled from a member's profile. If a member didn't type a phone number or email on their profile, they could manually type it on the benefit application form.
Upon successful application, a member, a benefit provider as well as a responsible person will receive an email confirmation. What's especially great is that it works with a white label. If your andcards Suite is customized with your coworking space brand, all application emails will contain your logotype. Bingo!
Of course, the whole process works well via mobile apps, so your coworking space members will always have benefits on their fingertips.
Analyzing Membership Benefits
One of the best advantages of an organized benefit application process is the ability to gather insights into which benefits people use the most. Use the
Download Statistics button to download a detailed report on benefit applications. It allows to understand the frequency at which benefits are used, which categories are the most popular, so that you can give members what they want.
I've got a huge membersihp benefit catalog and members are happy! What's next?
🧭 Looking to automate membership management? See how to organize coworking space membership efficiently with andcards
🚪 Need to save time by automating free meeting room booking hours? Read how to organize meeting room bookings at a coworking space
🌐 Want to customize andcards Suite with your coworking space logo and URL? Check out how to set up coworking space custom domain and custom branded mobile apps