Best Coworking Events to Build Community at Your Workspace (Interactive Quiz & Christmas Story Inside)
These days, when the Christmas spirit is in the air, we can observe miraculous transformations everywhere. What's going on at your coworking space? You probably have a huge Christmas tree in the hall, lights, garlands, and a bunch of holiday coworking events waiting for the residents.
Holidays give us great opportunities for building a community which a farsighted operator will never miss as freelancers come for space but stay for people.
Investing in a positive brand image, the emotional component, creation of an atmosphere of collaboration and support is the most efficient tactic of growing your coworking business.
We know that sometimes it may be challenging to engage the community in relationships strengthening networking events at the coworking space. Some people are too shy by nature, some are busy or maybe not interested in the things you offer.
Good news, we are here to help and supply you with bags of coworking events ideas, a real-life example of coworking space themed event, and an interactive quiz that will identify which coworking events 2020 resonate with your unique community.
Types of Coworking Events
For your convenience, we can break events at coworking spaces by types. Looking at those types it will be easier for you to pick out the ones that match you the most at a given moment.
- Coworking space community events for existing members. Examples: happy hours, lunch-and-learns, day trips, purposeful networking & breaks, family events, member wall, invited speaker, book club, bike to work.
- Coworking space events for prospective members. Examples: shadowing, training, yoga classes, meetups, happy hours, lunch parties.
- Coworking community events. Examples: networking with other spaces, gift exchange, sharing ideas for workplace improvement, blood drive & charity events, wellness activities like yoga, pilates or stretching, cocooking, after-work & night events, contests.
Christmas Story at the Coworking Space
Some coworking community events have a seasonal nature. Our short Christmas story is about Coworking Platforma Futura (Lviv) experience demonstrating an innovative approach to building a community with the help of coworking software.
Traditionally, Christmas is about gifts, joy, Santa Claus, funny elves, and miracles. Do you think your members consider all this stuff old-school? Then you just need to be creative and implement modern techniques like the guys from Platforma.
Rebranded Secret Santa Benefit
We at andcards believe that success comes only to those coworking spaces that have the right focus and values. They are superb member experience and irreproachable brand image. We tried our best to come up with a coworking software solution that facilitates achieving both.
To cut a long story short, Platforma managers used our member benefits feature for their "Secret Santa" holiday activity.
- They added benefit to "Celebrations" category.
- Wrote a festive text encouraging secret Santas and posted a beautiful image.
- Then they spread the word about new Christmas benefit via Stream, which is a communication tool for members inside the coworking app and invited residents to apply for the benefit.
After filling the application form, a newly recruited secret Santa gets a message to their email box notifying about successful registration and informing that soon they will know the name of the person to give a present to.
Here comes community manager's turn again. To get the info about secret Santas and match them they click "Download statistics" in the coworking app and upload the data for finding random matches on secretsantaorganizer.com. The resource handles the info and sends matches to secret Santas' emails. When Santa gets their match, they bring their gift and leave it at the reception waiting for delivery.
Cute, isn't it? Just think how many happy moments will be associated with your coworking brand if you do something similar. Yet, this is not the only profit for your business.
- There is no other way to apply for "Secret Santa benefit", a member can do it only via coworking software, which adds value to the membership and allows to collect residents' emails.
- Only residents of the coworking space can apply for the benefit, which makes them feel special and involved.
- There will be no duplicates as each member can apply only once (for this particular benefit.)
More Ideas of Coworking Events 2020
Want more ideas for coworking space community events? Take a look at the list below, I am sure there are enough items to fill your calendar for the next year.
- Hackathon/hack day/hackfest/codefest — a trendy activity for geek communities.
- Music band/chorus — for many businessmen music is a perfect antistress.
- Mentors catalog — a reference guide for regular experts at your coworking space is an elegant way to add prestige to your space.
- Cooking workshop — members will appreciate your contribution to their healthy nutrition.
- Thematic meals — a perfect time for relaxed talks, sharing stories, ideas, and projects.
- Demo days — meetings or calls to communicate changes or developments to members.
- Afterwork activities — friendly conversations with a beer in hand, that's where collaborative projects arise.
- Wine & work — those who don't like beer and football will probably enjoy attending more serious events, like formal presentations, where they can have a glass of wine instead.
- Training & classes — educational events allow to acquire new knowledge and strengthen members' relationships.
- Nonprofit — invite a non-profit organization to tell about their project. Such initiatives usually result in collaborative synergies.
- Associations with local business communities — the spaces that manage to make joint associations with their neighbors end up forging relationships that span entire neighborhoods.
- Guest speakers — hosting conferences and inviting niche influencers is an effective way to keep everyone up to date.
- Fuck up nights — inviting entrepreneurs to share their failures let startups learn from other's mistakes, which is not so painful and expensive.
- Free days — open days and guided tours for new coworkers, prospectives or suppliers.
- PechaKucha night — a fun and informal gathering where speakers are sharing 20 images, and given 20 seconds to present each slide. As audiences get a large number of inspiring ideas in a very short amount of time, your coworking space will be the first stop for people who would like to discover new ideas and innovations.
- Pitch practice — an awesome meetup to help entrepreneurs practice their short pitches.
- Launch parties — throw a launch party when your members launch new products, which is a good chance for members to celebrate one another’s success and increase their exposure in the local community.
Which Coworking Event Is Best for Your Space? — Fun Interactive Quiz
You are probably a bit overwhelmed by the abundance of coworking space events for consideration. Start small, let's sort it out with the help of the interactive quiz below. Get to know which event to schedule at your coworking space next.
Being a wise coworking space operator, you surely constantly work on improving all the essential success metrics. Hosting a variety of networking events at coworking space you will gradually enhance the community behind it. Keep balance of coworking events targeted at the existing and prospective members and you will observe constant audience and business growth.
Tailor your coworking space community events to fit your members' interests and notify them about the upcoming gatherings via the white-label coworking software. Get to know what else andcards coworking space app can do for your member happiness.
Would you like to share your best coworking events ideas? They are welcome in the comments.